In November 1932, the church was the recipient of a magnificent gift of the marble font, made secretly by Mr H J Thornton during 2 years' work. It was dedicated on Wed 23 November at 8 PM by the Rural Dean, Canon Rowed. The first baptism in the new font followed immediately, that of Mr Thornton's granddaughter, Patricia Joan Murray. The font has been much praised over the years and has pride of place in the large window of the completed church building, inviting passers-by to enter God’s kingdom through baptism.