St Linus Centenary Photos

St Linus Centenary Photos

1934 circa - Ken Leslie
Initially, St Linus Church was part of the parish of Holy Trinity Coburg.
The St Linus vicarage was one of a number of houses built by Captain Bain in the early days of Merlynston as standard residences and was purchased by the Diocese in 1926.  A number of curates lived in the house from 1926 to 1946, including Rev. Ken Leslie (later Bishop of Bathurst) who cared for the needs of the St Linus parishioners from January 1934 to May 1937.

1934 circa - Ken Leslie

Initially, St Linus Church was part of the parish of Holy Trinity Coburg.
The St Linus vicarage was one of a number of houses built by Captain Bain in the early days of Merlynston as standard residences and was purchased by the Diocese in 1926. A number of curates lived in the house from 1926 to 1946, including Rev. Ken Leslie (later Bishop of Bathurst) who cared for the needs of the St Linus parishioners from January 1934 to May 1937.

1932-02-20_-_Laying_of_Foundation_Stone.jpg 1932-02-20_-_Laying_of_Foundation_Stone_-_the_attending_clerics.jpg 1934_circa_-_Ken_Leslie.jpg 1935_St_LInus_Choir_Easter_Times_-1.jpg 1935_St_LInus_Choir_Easter_Times_-2.jpg
Rate this file (No vote yet)